Public Works

  • snow removal
  • water
  • sewer

Main Brook’s water supply is backed up by a generator in the event of extended power outages and has a reservoir building.

Roads are sanded in winter.

All properties are charged water and sewer taxes regardless of hookup status.  See tax structures for more details.

Contact the Town Clerk in writing, email or by using the contact form to submit feedback, report outages or bring issues to councils attention.  Issues must be submitted in writing or via email for an official response.


The Town council sets tax rates annually in September.  Our current municipal tax structure is available here.  Our residential mill rate is amongst the lowest, if not the lowest, in the province.  A poll tax is charged for renters and long-term labourers in the community.

Helpful definitions:

Poll Tax, Mill Rate


We welcome feedback from our residents and visitors!  Your Town Clerk, staff and councillors are here to work for you and make Main Brook the community we all want it to be and become.   Call, email or contact us using our form to share your thoughts.

If you require a response from council, it must be submitted in writing, email or by using the contact form.  Issues must be submitted in writing or via email for an official response.


Main Brook works closely with the local recreational advisory group to deliver recreation services and maintain the Community Centre.  Local events hosted by or at the Community Centre or in Town can be found on our Events Calendar.

Waste Collection

The Town delivers waste removal services in conjunction with Norpen Regional Services Board.  We recommend subscribing to their email newsletters to keep up to date with any service delivery news.

Garbage is collected every Tuesday.  We encourage all residents to have their garbage out by 7:30AM for pickup starting at 8AM.

Please be sure to review Norpen’s Residential Pickup policy.